A thyroid hormone deficiency effects your entire body. It can make you feel tired, weak and make it nearly impossible to lose body fat. Untreated Hypothyroidism can potentially raise your cholesterol levels, leaving you more vulnerable to heart attack or stroke.
Individuals with “normal” Thyroid lab tests can still suffer from the symptoms of Hypothyroidism. These individuals often experience a dramatic improvement in symptoms with appropriate treatment. Has your full Thyroid function been evaluated?
What are the symptoms? - Hypothyroidism can cause many different symptoms, such as:
- Feeling tired, weak, or depressed.
- Weight gain / Unable to lose fat weight
- Dry skin and brittle nails.
- Being especially cold during mild cold weather.
- Memory problems or having trouble thinking clearly.
- Heavy or irregular Menstrual periods.